Stuffed Vegetarian Peppers
Featured in the May 2017 handbook.
* 100g rice (long grain or basmati)
* 4 peppers, any colour
* Oil for frying
* 1 onion, finely chopped
* 100g mushrooms, roughly chopped
* 400g tin mixed beans
* 400g tin chopped tomatoes
* Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
2. Cook rice in boiling water for 10-12 minutes, or according to packet instructions.
3. Remove core and seeds from peppers. Cook in boiling water for 7-8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
4. Heat oil in frying pan, and cook onions and mushrooms. Add in beans and tomatoes and heat gently.
5. When rice is cooked, drain and combine with the bean mixture.
6. Spoon mixture into peppers, pushing it down well.
7. Place peppers on a baking tray and cook in oven for 10 minutes