Easter Bird Nests
Featured in the March 2013 handbook.
Ingredients (Makes 15 nests)
- 140g Chinese egg noodles
- 350g chocolate
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 50g grated coconut
- 1 bag of small multicoloured sugar Easter eggs
* Cook noodles as directed till al dente. Drain and set aside.
* Line a baking tray with baking parchment. Cut the chocolate into pieces and melt it with the margarine or butter in a microwave or a saucepan over low heat.
* Stir regularly. Do not bring the chocolate to the boil. Remove from the heat when smooth and stir in the noodles and coconut to coat with chocolate.
* Using your hands, make 15 nests on the baking tray. Make a hole in the centre of each nest deep enough for you to put a few sugar eggs. Refrigerate for at least an hour; the nests should be hard. Store in an airtight container.